For the state of GA, it has been indicated that nearly 1 in 4 are NOT aware what a Drug Free Workplace is nor that it can save them 7.5% on worker's compensation premiums.
It is pure math folks - it will cost you at most $400 a year and if your company has a turnover of 3 people a year. If you are paying more than $5,000 a year in worker's compensation premiums you are already breaking even. But also think about the following when you do pre-screen your employees in advance for drugs and do background checks:
1) Higher Productivity
2) Better company reputation
3) Less tardiess
4) Safer and happier work environment
5) Lower attrition
6) Lower sick days
7) Lower no shows or call outs
8) A sense of pride in co-workers the owner cares about the business and it's people
9) Lower theft or potential of theft
10) Reduced worker's compensation claims
11) Better customer experience
...the list can go on...
Each state offers all business owners a chance to make a financial decision as well as a socially responsible decision. Drug Free Workplace programs are very easy to implement and the system at Lab Testing Solutions offers a dynamic that no other does - Complimentary Consultations and access to hundreds of resources for Risk Management, Labor Laws, Risk Mitigation, Human Resource Development, and much more. Your success means our success.
We always dedicate a portion of our proceeds to offer parents FREE education and drug testing kits. After all, it is about the longevity of our society that is at risk. We know the supposed "war on drugs" has been going on for years, but the worldwide fact is that it can be a virus and cause families to break up and increase dysfunctional behaviors.
At Lab Testing Solutions, we offer this dynamic approach to helping your company strive in EVERY aspect. If we cannot help you, just know we are still there to answer questions when our competitors cannot. As proud affiliates of Quest, LabCorp, MedTox, ATN, Redwood, and many more, we offer our buying power to you in the most operationally efficient way.
Lastly, our mobile drug testing program summarizes our understanding of downtime and reducing the possibility that somebody will "cheat" on the test. On average, a collection is 7 minutes for a potential donor whether it is urine or an oral collection. SEVEN minutes...
Customer Service, Quality, and Price at the best possible levels and customized for your needs.
- Alabama- §25-5-330 (1995) Provides a 5 percent discount to employers who establish a drug-free workplace in compliance with the act.
- Arkansas- §11-14-101 (1999) Employers with drug-free workplace programs may qualify for a 5% discount on workers' compensation premiums.
- Florida- §440.102 (1996)Provides a 5 percent reduction in premiums to employers who implement and maintain a certified drug-free workplace program in accordance with the standards set forth in the Act.
- Georgia- §33-9-40.2 & §34-9-410 Provides a 7.5 percent discount on workers' compensation premiums to employers who have implemented a drug-free workplace program that is certified by the state Board of Workers' Compensation.
- Hawaii- §431:14-103 (1997)Provides a discounts of at least 5 percent on premiums to employers who maintain an effective safety and health program.
- Idaho- SB 1119 (2003)Provides that public employers who conduct drug and alcohol testing of all current and prospective employees shall qualify for and may be granted an employer Workers' Compensation premium reduction.
- Mississippi- §71-3-201 (1997)Provides for a 5 percent reduction in workers' compensation premiums to employers who establish a drug free workplace program.
- Ohio- O.A.C. 4123-17-58 Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation has issued a rule that provides a five year phased in workers' compensation premium reduction that can rise as high as twenty percent.
- South Carolina- §38-73-500 (1997) Provides 5 percent discount on workers' compensation premiums to employers who voluntarily establish a drug free workplace program.
- Tennessee- §50-9-101 (1997) Provides 5 percent discount on premiums to employers who establish a drug free workplace program.
- Virginia- §65.2-813.2 (1997)Provides a 5 percent premium discount for employers who institute a drug free workplace program.
- Washington- §49.82.010-.901 (1996) Provides a 5 percent premium discount for employers who implement a drug free workplace program.